Thread: New feature in map?

New feature in map?

Okay, I confess I'm a bit baffled by this. On the map, there has always been a thin white line extending from the little airplane's nose to show where it is headed. Now there are also two new lines extending from the nose at angles that vary from about 15 degrees to 45 degrees (both left and right but not at corresponding angles). I've looked everywhere in the manual and none of the pictures show these new lines, but they can be seen on one of the pictures on the AFS home page, as well as the quick panel page. So, I assume these lines serve a useful purpose, but can somebody enlighten me as to what is is? Also, is anybody having trouble with their timer functions? With the latest software update my left screen timer always resets to 98:59 and my right screen resets to 2:00. If I try to count down, the count starts at these values. If I count up, they both start at 0:00.

Found an answer in the new brochure link on the home page. The two lines represent the field of view on the PFD. Apparently this is a new feature of the high resolution mapping. Now about those timers???

The timers will remember what you have them set to in count down mode, if your press the timer button you can use the keypad to enter the new value.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.