Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Capacitive Fuel Adapters

I believe that your Westburg probes actually act like they are resistive probes. You need to figure out exactly what probes you have and how they work. Unhook the probes from the EFIS and make them work with a volt-Ohm meter to verify that they do work.

Do they put out a 0-5 Volt DC signal with fuel or a 40-240 ohm signal?

If they are 40-240 Ohm you cannot connect them to a separate fuel gauge and the EFIS, the EFIS should be configured for float fuel sensors.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

The resistor in series with the EFIS should only be used when the probes output a 0-5V DC signal.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Having just converted from float to capacitance, cut the jumpers as instructed and confirmed that my new sensors output less than 5V I find the following:

I observed the data points changing in calibration page as I filled the tank, but I find that the fuel level display is static, showing a reading of 50 litres that doesn't change as fuel is used. I've run the tank dry to ensure I'm not imagining it. Any ideas?

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Post a picture of your calibration. The values should always be ascending or descending and should change by at least ~50 AD_VALUE per calibrated point. A range of 100 to 900 is standard for a float. 100 to 3000 would be capacitance.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

This turned out to be user error. I was not moving the cursor across to the columns to the right before copying the data.