Thread: Analyzing engine data

Analyzing engine data

Are there any of you out there that have experience in analyzing engine data? I have captured the data for just about every second of flight time and have written excel macros to convert the data in to graphs.

At this point, I have a lot of pretty pictures of what I think should be of diagnostic interest and a couple of them have some interesting lines that I would like to be able to analyze...if I knew what was actually represented by the graphs and data that I have.

Any thoughts out there?

Ralph Capen
    RV6A N822AR 120hrs

I would also like to look at my flight data. I would like to see your graphs.
    Alan

Ralph,

Take a look at EGView, available at EGTrends.com. Whether you use their program or not, it will give you a good idea of the kind of analyses you can do yourself.

Jim Berry
    RV-10

i tried to purchase their program but never got any response back from them.
    alan

Alan,
    I can send you a couple of my graphs and the macros to create them. They use the AFS captured data. Others have written similar macros - my direction is to learn what the graphs mean.

Zap me direct - recapen(at)earthlink(dot)net

The EGView / EGTrends look like the same kinds of graphs that I end up with using my macros - although it looks like there are comparison features (like vertical cursor) worth looking at. Anyone out there using this software? Is it worth the $100 for the comparison features? How does it help you with the analysis? Their website shows an example that looks like it adds comments to the graphs based on what is going on. Great if it does that - even better if it can do that for a graph that has a part that 'looks' out of whack.