Thread: Scheculed Enhancements

Scheculed Enhancements

Trevor; I have had my 4500 installed for 18 months now, still waiting for features and improvements. Can you give us some idea of the timetable for features and improvements, and what the priorities are? I would really like to see the ability to enter user waypoints, use the joystick to go to a specific location on the map instead of just the nearest airport to the cursor, and also have a "green banana" altitude predictor on the map page. While were at it, perhaps we can dampen the flight director down a bit, be able to enter the identifier for the localizer for DME, and get the V-NAV working! Is anything above slated for a release soon?

Regards,

Gary Brown

We are currently working on waypoints, joystick panning, and the green banana. The plan is to have a map update before the end of the year.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hickman View Post
    We are currently working on waypoints, joystick panning, and the green banana. The plan is to have a map update before the end of the year.
    Rob,
    Any word on the AP climb or descend speed update?
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by amekler View Post
    Rob,
    Any word on the AP climb or descend speed update?
    Alan
    Using airspeed instead of climb rate?
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

yes.
    Alan

Trevor, What about descent profiles and crossing restrictions?

Could it be possible to select either/or rate or aisrspeed in the setup menu for climb or descent as a default? I would set it at airspeed for climb and fpm rate for descent. Nice to be able to then overide the default on the EFIS screen. We all plan our descents but the climb is usually whatever airspeed the cooling will cope with depending on the OAT if it is not BROC.

I think VS would work just fine if thee was an accurate way to determine top of descent. For the average RV driver, about 5 miles per 1000' in the descent would work fine, or about 2 degrees. I'm still waiting for the "green banana" like the other EFIS have to depict where the aircraft will reach the selected altitude based upon the present position, rate of descent, and ground speed.