Thread: New S/W upgrade - issues?

New S/W upgrade - issues?

I upgraded my 3500S EFIS to the latest SW and now find I have a couple of issues I can't explain or fix.

!. The altitude warning for Minimums no longer functions (OK on test)
    2. The transfer of flt plan info from my GPS (Lowrance 2000C) has changed for the worst. With the old SW the information from the GPS would transfer to the EFIS. It would display airport Identifier, etc., in the flt plan box and it was editable. Now it is displayed as wp1. The distance is correct and the course is displayed correctly on the map but I can no longer edit the information in the flt plan box.

I had saved my settings prior to upgrading the s/w and I have reloaded them but see no change. I went through the set up menus but don't see anything amiss.

Does the the new S/W just function differently?

I had a similiar issue. I had a flight plan with two points, an intersection and the destination entered into my 796. When I went to look at the flight
    plan in my 4500, only the first waypoint was shown, the intersection, and not the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I upgraded my 3500S EFIS to the latest SW and now find I have a couple of issues I can't explain or fix.

!. The altitude warning for Minimums no longer functions (OK on test)
    2. The transfer of flt plan info from my GPS (Lowrance 2000C) has changed for the worst. With the old SW the information from the GPS would transfer to the EFIS. It would display airport Identifier, etc., in the flt plan box and it was editable. Now it is displayed as wp1. The distance is correct and the course is displayed correctly on the map but I can no longer edit the information in the flt plan box.

I had saved my settings prior to upgrading the s/w and I have reloaded them but see no change. I went through the set up menus but don't see anything amiss.

Does the the new S/W just function differently?
    What version of software were you running before? There have been no changes to the minimums altitude logic several releases. We have not been able to reproduce your problems. How are you testing it?

We have validated the flight plan with a Garmin 496 and the waypoints come through correctly. We do not have access to a Lorance GPS but if you can send me a raw serial log and some pictures I can test it here.

Thanks,

Ken Chard

Engineering
    Advanced Flight Systems, Inc.
    320 S Redwood Street
    Canby, OR 97013
    503-263-0037 phone ext. 15
    503-263-1163 fax
    www.Advanced-Flight-Systems.com
    www.Angle-of-Attack.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chino Tom View Post
    I had a similiar issue. I had a flight plan with two points, an intersection and the destination entered into my 796. When I went to look at the flight
    plan in my 4500, only the first waypoint was shown, the intersection, and not the destination.
    Verify that you do not have your serial output set to NMEA Fast. This will result in only sending the currently selected waypoint.

Thanks,
    Ken Chard

Ken Chard

Engineering
    Advanced Flight Systems, Inc.
    320 S Redwood Street
    Canby, OR 97013
    503-263-0037 phone ext. 15
    503-263-1163 fax
    www.Advanced-Flight-Systems.com
    www.Angle-of-Attack.com

My bad.... It seems that in all my button pushing I inadvertently turn of the AP/FD, Hence no "Minimums" warning...
    I also did a soft reset on my Lowrance GPS and will see if the flt plan function is correct the next time I fly...

I have an AF-4500EE with an internal back-up battery, a few months ago I turned power on to the system before engine start and saw nothing except the large red attention getting light, driven from pin 14 of the EFIS main cable, light up after a few seconds. This was the 2nd flight of the day, on the 1st flight it started normally. As I was in a hurry I started the engine, where upon the box started up and behaved normally. The problem did not re-occur for some while, but now is happening more often. Usually starting the engine brings the screen into life. On one occasion it has not. I left the aeroplane for a while with the master switch on, the screen still did not come one when power was cycled, but did when the engine started. This is a single screen system, so I need it to be reliable!