Thread: HSI off

HSI off

Admittedly new to the use of the 4500, the HSI is always pointing 20 degrees to the left of the chosen destination. I have tried the internal navigation and with a 430W. The map shows the proper course but the HSI is off. I must be doing something totally wrong?

Also, I can't figure out why the heading on the map is different than the heading on the efis?

Any help please?

the heading on the map is the ground track from the gps. the heading on the efis is the magnetic heading.that's why they are different. not sure what is going on with your HSI.take a screen shot and then we can try to figure it out.
    Alan
    N668G

Email a picture to info (at) advanced-flight-systems.com

The EFIS HSI is using magnetic heading and the map is usually GPS ground track,the difference should be the wind. If your destination is 020 the CRS needleshould be on 020 and if there is any wind the HSI will be turned slightly. If you have the magnetic deviation set wrongin your GPS it will also cause issues. Make sure you have the magnetic deviation set to auto in the GPS.

Also make sure that if you are using a Garmin 396,496,696… you have the serial port configured in theEFIS as AF-GPS if you have both serial TXD and RXD wires connected to theEFIS. If you have the EFIS serial port setto NMEA and both connections wired the GPS will send zero for the deviation andwe then send it back causing the GPS to get the deviation wrong.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

I tried to send screen shots but it bounced back that your email folder was full.

Should not be full, try Rob@
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.