Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bug Report: Offset in subsequent "Direct To" courses

Quote Originally Posted by amekler View Post
    rob,
    I'm not sure. it is a sharp turn. All I saw was the ILS course needle pointing to the left when the course was to the right.
    today i experienced another thing with the ILS. I had dialed in the ILS course to RW 6 at KMHT and set the course to 58 degrees.It was being vectored around. When the ILS needle came alive the course had changed to a course of 198 degrees
    even though i had set it to 58 degrees just a few minutes prior and I had to reset it.
    Alan
    Was the 430W in VLOC mode when this happened or was it trying to follow a GPS flight plan?

Are you sure you did not turn the knob when it was still in CRS mode?

Was the CDI needle green or magenta when you adjusted it? If it was Magenta you were only adjusting the GPS CRS in the 430W, it has to be green to adjust the CRS (OBS) on the 430W NAV radio side.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

rob,
    i was on heading mode on the AP. I switched to VLOC(green) and set the course needle correctly(ie CRS). This was before I was in range to receive the ILS signal. I stayed in heading mode .(never changed the CRS) When I was vectored to intercept the course I and was receiving the ILS the course the needle had changed and I had to reenter the ILS course. I don't understand why the CDI needle changed once I was receiving the frequency.
    Alan

Once you are in VLOC mode the green NAV needle should never change unless you set it from the EFIS using the CRS knob. We are adding more logging in the next software release so we can see what is happening.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Rob,
    It was very strange. I didn't change the CRS. I was in HDG but when the ILS frequency was received the green NAV needle changed to a different(198deg) CRS instead of the set 58deg CRS.??? I had to quickly reset it.
    Alan