Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No GPS

Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Hi, Rob! Are there any news for me regarding AFS 3500 settings? Today tried to follow setup instructions listed in ous AFS-3500 manual. No result. We have GARMIN 430 connected to AFS-3500, radio is Garmin SL-40. So, Garmin 430 says "No input data on Channel 429 #1/ No input data on Channel 429 #2". And connection test on EFIS failed (AFS can't find ARINC channel).

I never got a picture of your settings?

Your 430W should only be getting ARINC data from the EFIS on one channel. What do you have the ARINC channel #2 on the 430W configured as?

Who wired the panel and do you have a schematic?
    Rob Hickman

Sent to you were three photos (links to web storage) of our settings. It was on Oct 22, 2014 at 22:43 local (we have UTC +11)

We did not get it, it must have been filtered out by our ISP. Was it attached to an email with a detailed description or was it just a link to pictures?
    Rob Hickman

Got the pictures. It looks like this is a old AF-3500 system, what is the history?

What this a working system and you upgraded the EFIS software or a new installation?

If it was a working system and it stopped working after a software upgrade you need to try updating the ARINC software.
    Rob Hickman

We've got the system installed with a plane - our airfield resident bought it about 4 months ago. It was not a standard equipment, installation was made in 2008-2009 (have to look at logbook, it is not available now). Yes, it worked well untill we decided to update maps for our Asian region. That caused software version upgrade and after this EFIS do not recognise GPS source. I've tried to update ARINC software, but AFS-3500 does not show me anything for this equipment. You can see it yourself on our photos: when entering calibration mode and software update page it says NOT AVAILABLE (?!?) for ARINC Software version. ARINC VOR Test and ARINC GPS
    Test do not come forward - they both "freeze" while searching for ARINC data

It sounds like it has the old ARINC software and you need to update it so that it can see it.

If it has old ARINC software it will only see the ARINC adaptor when you cycle power to the ARINC adaptor when you are in the EFIS> SYSTEM MAINTENANCE > UPGRADE ARINC software.

***This does not explain why you are getting the error on your 430 for ARINC input #2, the EFIS should not have anything to do with the #2 430W ARINC input.
    Rob Hickman