Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Software update Vx16.10.25-TOUCH-MV16

Quote Originally Posted by rvdave View Post
    Ifd550 gps is working since changing to high speed but just noticed I am not getting ils to work. Identifier shows up in frequency window and Morse code is detected but I am getting no signal lock. My other remote nav source does work when selected to give me ils data. My gps/nav1 is sv-arinc 429, gps/nav2 is remote nav, gps/nav3 is remote gps. Is there a setting I missed when changing to arinc high speed to ifd550? I believe arinc in from efis remains low speed but will verify.
    Is the ils working on the avidyne screen? Does it share a split antenna with the other nav radio? If working on the avidyne, I would look at the arinc speed setting for the vor/ils configuration. I’m not familiar with the avidyne configuration menus, but the gps and vor/ils on my GTN are two different menu trees.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

Doh, after I posted I realized I was tunnel visioned on the gps arinc speed, I neglected the Nav portion, after checking that all is good now, thanks for the follow up.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Uploaded new software yesterday and noticed adjusting screen brightness (DIM) on PFD no longer applies to MFD. Is there an option for synchronizing brightness levels for both screens?

Quote Originally Posted by toddespn View Post
    Uploaded new software yesterday and noticed adjusting screen brightness (DIM) on PFD no longer applies to MFD. Is there an option for synchronizing brightness levels for both screens?
    Did you update the software on both EFIS displays or just one? Is your ethernet cable plugged in and ethernet connection working? Easiest way to check the network is to adjust the baro bug and see that it syncs on the other screen.

Also FYI Vx16.10.31-TOUCH-MV16 software went public this morning
    https://www.advancedflightsystems.co...re-updates.php

Software update Vx16.10.31

Hi Jonathon,

Thanks for the pointer to the new version. The update instructions mention that the ARINC Out speed from the GPS Navigator needs to be changed. Is this specific to this update (16.10.31) or is it a general one for v16?

What is reason behind making this ARINC change and what is the impact (from a user perspective)?

Thanks,

Vas

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon View Post
    Did you update the software on both EFIS displays or just one? Is your ethernet cable plugged in and ethernet connection working? Easiest way to check the network is to adjust the baro bug and see that it syncs on the other screen.

Also FYI Vx16.10.31-TOUCH-MV16 software went public this morning
    https://www.advancedflightsystems.co...re-updates.php

Quote Originally Posted by vas4afs View Post
    Hi Jonathon,

Thanks for the pointer to the new version. The update instructions mention that the ARINC Out speed from the GPS Navigator needs to be changed. Is this specific to this update (16.10.31) or is it a general one for v16?

What is reason behind making this ARINC change and what is the impact (from a user perspective)?

Thanks,

Vas
    The speed change wasn?t until one of the 16.10.* releases. I don?t recall the exact release, but the readme file will document the change.

Think about if your Internet connection went from 50mb to 100mb. The same is true for arinc. Better performance and data throughput.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

The ARINC speed change is relevant to all AFS EFIS displays with SV-ARINC or ACM ARINC adapters from 16.10.25 software going forward. This is a one and done configuration change, so if you are upgrading from 16.10.25 then no additional reconfiguration of your navigator is necessary.