Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software update Vx16.10.25-TOUCH-MV16

Software update Vx16.10.25-TOUCH-MV16

Hi Jonathon,

It looks like a new version just got posted on the AFS Software Updates page. I don't use my AF-5600 for the audio panel nor am I using any of the devices for which support has been added so I am trying to figure out if it makes sense to upgrade.

Can you share the list of bug fixes and usability enhancements (the last item)?

Also, when I was at the Dynon/AFS booth at OSH last year, Ken mentioned a feature where a long press on the BARO knob would set the barometer to the closest ADS-B reporting station. Is that included in this new version?

Thanks,

Vas

Adds SV-ADAHRS magnetometer calibration synchronization
    Adds support for new Dynon USB WiFi Adapter
    Adds left/right two-finger swipe support for Calibration
    Adds Audio Panel Playback with RX press-and-hold
    Adds support for AirMate Charts and Plates
    Adds GTN COM Radio Support
    Adds DEST button to INFO Menu for final destination selection
    Adds Dual Com Radio support
    Adds Transmission Pressure option for Carb and Cool Temp inputs
    Adds Monkworkz MZ-30L Analog and Shunt Current Sensors
    Adds PMA450EX Remote Audio Panel Support
    Adds 0-150 PSI FLUID PRESSURE (100411-002) Fuel Pressure Sensor
    Adds AMMETER HALL EFFECT (AFS 44100-REVERSED) Amp Sensor
    Includes bug fixes and usability enhancements

Quote Originally Posted by vas4afs View Post
    Hi Jonathon,

It looks like a new version just got posted on the AFS Software Updates page. I don't use my AF-5600 for the audio panel nor am I using any of the devices for which support has been added so I am trying to figure out if it makes sense to upgrade.

Can you share the list of bug fixes and usability enhancements (the last item)?

Also, when I was at the Dynon/AFS booth at OSH last year, Ken mentioned a feature where a long press on the BARO knob would set the barometer to the closest ADS-B reporting station. Is that included in this new version?

Thanks,

Vas

Adds SV-ADAHRS magnetometer calibration synchronization
    Adds support for new Dynon USB WiFi Adapter
    Adds left/right two-finger swipe support for Calibration
    Adds Audio Panel Playback with RX press-and-hold
    Adds support for AirMate Charts and Plates
    Adds DEST button to INFO Menu for final destination selection
    Adds Dual Com Radio support
    Adds Transmission Pressure option for Carb and Cool Temp inputs
    Adds Monkworkz MZ-30L Analog and Shunt Current Sensors
    Adds PMA450EX Remote Audio Panel Support
    Adds 0-150 PSI FLUID PRESSURE (100411-002) Fuel Pressure Sensor
    Adds AMMETER HALL EFFECT (AFS 44100-REVERSED) Amp Sensor
    Includes bug fixes and usability enhancements
    I can’t answer your questions, but all the updates are documented in the release notes in the package and are grouped by released #.

Yes, there are fixes that resolve known bugs. It’s also the only way to get updates for your sv network devices. In my opinion, it’s always be beneficial to be on the current or n-1 revision for support reasons.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

The list of minor bugfixes and improvements since 16.09.15 is hundreds of items; too extensive to individually list. We always recommend running on the most recent public software release that your EFIS hardware revision supports.

The feature you discussed with Ken has been implemented since 16.10.08 beta release, but not precisely as you remember. When you are on the ground, a long press on the baro button (the button right above the joystick knob) will set the baro pressure such that your baro alt = GPS alt

Syncing the baro with ADS-B METAR data has been possible since the previous 16.09.15 public release. The altimeter field on the info tab of the airport directory is a button that will push the displayed altimeter value over to your baro bug when pressed.

What is GTN COM Radio support? The install manual states "...The Garmin GTN series do not support remote radio tuning...". Will the EFIS now tune the GTN radios remotely? If so what sort of wiring connections are needed for this?

Regards,
    Ben Westfall
    N104EE - RV-10

The install manual states "...The Garmin GTN series do not support remote radio tuning...".
    It does now.

If so what sort of wiring connections are needed for this?
    A single dedicated RS-232 connection between the GTN and the EFIS is required. Software configuration of the GTN tuning interface is covered in our upgrading to 16.10.25 document:
    https://www.advancedflightsystems.co...ll-V161025.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by benwestfall View Post
    What is GTN COM Radio support? The install manual states "...The Garmin GTN series do not support remote radio tuning...". Will the EFIS now tune the GTN radios remotely? If so what sort of wiring connections are needed for this?

Regards,
    I wired my gtn650 and sl40 the day after this was released. I’m starting to get lazy since you can load any of the frequencies off the freq tab on the airport screen to any of the supported coms.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying

Just upgraded and loaded most recent version and after updating all screens started plane for a flight and was getting a gps integrity error even though ifd550 was working fine, just not communicating apparently. I noticed I wasn’t getting the normal test page to give the efis at its start up. Running diagnostics it seems the arinc was not receiving any data so checked all settings to no avail. Was running v 16.7.7 and ended up reloading that version and everything came back to normal. Any idea why this is happening?

Edit: Just saw notes about changing sv-arinc out to high speed, will this correct my symptom?
    Last edited by rvdave; 08-20-2023 at 02:46 AM.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Quote Originally Posted by rvdave View Post
    Just upgraded and loaded most recent version and after updating all screens started plane for a flight and was getting a gps integrity error even though ifd550 was working fine, just not communicating apparently. I noticed I wasn’t getting the normal test page to give the efis at its start up. Running diagnostics it seems the arinc was not receiving any data so checked all settings to no avail. Was running v 16.7.7 and ended up reloading that version and everything came back to normal. Any idea why this is happening?

Edit: Just saw notes about changing sv-arinc out to high speed, will this correct my symptom?
    It should, with a mis-matched baud rate, arinc won’t work properly.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying

Yes from 16.10.25 and moving forward, navigators wired through SV-ARINC or ACM with built in SV-ARINC adapters need the ARINC out (from the navigator to the EFIS) changed to high speed for both GPS and VOR/LOC/GS ARINC channels. ARINC in (from the EFIS to the navigator) remains low speed.

For future readers who stumble upon this thread, if you instead have the older RS-232 based AF-ARINC adapter, all ARINC speeds must remain as low speed even if you are running 16.10.25 and later.

https://www.advancedflightsystems.co...ll-V161025.pdf

Ifd550 gps is working since changing to high speed but just noticed I am not getting ils to work. Identifier shows up in frequency window and Morse code is detected but I am getting no signal lock. My other remote nav source does work when selected to give me ils data. My gps/nav1 is sv-arinc 429, gps/nav2 is remote nav, gps/nav3 is remote gps. Is there a setting I missed when changing to arinc high speed to ifd550? I believe arinc in from efis remains low speed but will verify.
    Dave Ford
    RV10