Just bought an RV-7A with an Advanced panel -2 AFS 5600, Garmin GTN650. The panel was put in the plane a long time ago but no one ever really flew it much so its functionality is lightly tested.
My adsb track readings cut in and out during flights and traffic disappears and reappears as well. In Class B last weekend I was initially not able to be seen via adsb but they had my mode S readings. Eventually my adsb showed up for them too.
I suspect it is an antenna placement issue (the antenna is right next to the gear leg) but I want to clarify what equipment I have first before I start poking new belly holes for antennas.
I know I have the SV-XPNDR-261 for transponder.
It is my understanding I need a SV-GPS-2020 to make this unit compliant. Here is a picture of my GPS pucks - are these what I need?
Name:  GPSpucks.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  17.9 KB
The ADSB module is pictured here - what adsb module is this? Does it receive 1098 and 978 or just one? Is the unit outdated or known to be non-functional?
Name:  adsb.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  22.1 KB

Thanks for any help you may have. This is my first post - so I hope I have attached the pictures appropriately.
Tim