Let's say I want to go direct to KAPA. When I hit the "Direct To" button on my EM, I hit the knob-button to select the first letter, "K", then when I am rotating the knob to the LEFT to select "A" for the second letter in the airport identifier, I cannot go past the letter "R". It gets stuck at "R". Only if I rotate the knob to the RIGHT can I (eventually) get to "A". Sometime if I try to rotate to the LEFT when it gets stuck at "R" if I just keep rotating to the left for 10 or 15 seconds it will get "unstuck" and proceed past the letter "R". This is not a hardware problem, it seems to be a software problem that it gets stuck at the letter "R".

Does anybody else see this behavior?

It wouldn't be a big deal except when you are on a long flight and wish to look at weather at a number of stations, and the only way to do that (or at least the way I do it) is to select "direct to" the airport you want to check the weather at, and then hit the METARS button. When you want to check a bunch of airports' weather quickly you just can't do it.

I have a 4500 Advanced Deck EFIS, EM, ARINC box, and XM weather (don't think that matters).

Thanks