Hi AFS,

I'm not entirely sure where to start, with AFS or NavWorx, but I'll start here because of the forum and a few other quirks I've noticed over the last couple of months.

Back in November 2014, I added a NavWorx ADS-600B UAT to my list of avionics. In addition to the RS-232 lines between the EE-4500 (8.8.29), GTX-327, and UAT (4.0.3), I connected the 'UAT Error' pin to one of the EFIS's switch inputs to alert of any UAT errors. The setup has been working very well since then.

This afternoon, my Wife and I took a short flight to a local airport. During climb out, I noticed that there wasn't any traffic despite being close to Class C airspace and a very nice day. Even though there wasn't a 'UAT Error' annc, I was still a blit suspicious that things were not working as expected. I soon discovered that I could not retrieve any METAR information from local airports thus confirming my suspiciouns. I did capture this from the 'ABOUT' page which looks to indicate that the EFIS was not receiving any UAT data:

Name:  SS010301.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  22.3 KB

I rebooted the EFIS in-flight w/no improvement.

I've no practical way to reboot just the UAT short of power-cycling the entire panel - which I didn't do.

About 3/4 of the way to our destination (about 15 mins after the in-flight reboot) the A/P (AFS Pilot) starting pitching +/- 200 feet in a very slow oscilation. The A/P switch was selected to accept commands from the EFIS. From that point on, I hand flew the rest of the way. I don't recall ever experiencing this A/P behaviour so I don't know if the in-flight reboot had any contributing cause to this.

During lunch, I looked to see if there were any, or if I had missed, any NOTAMs about ADS-B being OTS. I didn't find any.

As we were headed back after eating lunch, the UAT and A/P were working as normal - I could see targets, retrieve METARS, and the A/P behaved as it usually does. Here's the 'ABOUT' page:

Name:  SS010304.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  22.0 KB

Some other quirks: I've had audio annc either go mute or change in volume during playback. For example, on one flight, I was practicing stalls and the 'ANGLE-ANGLE-PUSH-PUSH' sounded a couple of times then nothing. On my return back to my home base, I saw the 'MINIMUMS' visual alert but no audio. While on the ground and the engine stopped, I found the audio alert playbacks and I could hear them faintly. I increased the EFIS's volume from 75 to 80 and things were back to normal but just a bit louder. I returned the setting back to 75 and things sounded normal. I left the setting at 75.

So, any ideas on where I should start looking? Should this happen again, what can I do to help out?

I know this is NavWorx centric but I'll ask anyway: I know I can see realtime data/logs via the UAT's console port, but does the UAT have a means to d/l logs from the past couple of hours?

Thank you,
/\/elson