Thread: ADS-B Out Not Working

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ADS-B Out Not Working

I'm looking for advice regarding my ADS-B out, but I have embarrassingly little info about my setup. This is for N413BS (RV-10). On 11/26, ATC let me know that they weren't picking up my ADS-B out. I have a Dynon SV-XPNDR-261 transponder with ADS-B out. I recently moved to a new airport so I brought her into an avionics shop that I didn't have experience with (Penninsula Avionics at KTMB). They determined that it was an antenna issue (Garmin GPS antenna). After a delay getting the replacement antenna, they installed it. There was an initial issue with the software install for the Garmin antenna which seemed to not play nice with the configuration of the 1 touch AFS 5600 (PFD1), 1 touch AFS 5500 (MFD), and 1 non-touch AFS 5600 (PFD2). It appears to have been a wrong serial port designation. I corrected the Admin Settings:
    Name:  12.28.2022-13.28.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  57.5 KB

After all of this, the avionics shop is telling me the ads-b out is still not working. However, they have not opened the panel itself, and I/they don't even know what kind of ads-b out device is in there (ADS-B in is provided via a Dynon transponder). I think it's a FreeFlight, but that's based on a section of the POH that I think is incorrect/outdated.

Another odd thing is that after they installed the new Garmin antenna, I'm getting a GPS INTEGRITY alert on the 5500 when the plane is NOT in motion. As soon as I start rolling (on the ground), integrity is restored and the GTN 650 seems to work fine with the AFS screens. This behavior did not happen prior to this new antenna install.

I'm getting frustrated with the avionics guys, but not sure what to do to move them along. They may have contacted Rob, but I'm not sure because of their generally poor communication. Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Jeff
    Last edited by jahoosafat; 12-29-2022 at 08:03 AM.