Thread: Aircraft ICON Size Reduction

Aircraft ICON Size Reduction

Hello All,

I have a 5400 unit and have recently started using Airmate. Being a smaller screen, what is the best method to reduce the size of the standard yellow aircraft icon? It is relatively large compared with the available screen real estate and I really don't need it to be as big as it is.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Andrew Butler
    EI-EEO
    RV7

Andrew,
    Export the airplane.png image to your EFIS USB stick from the SET --> MORE --> CAL (hold2s) --> Admin Settings --> Transfer Files --> Aircraft Image --> SAVE page.

Plug the stick into a computer and you can edit the file. If you are on PC I recommend https://getpaint.net/download.html

The file MUST remain 128x128 pixels, do not just resize the entire image to try to make the icon smaller. The background is, and must remain, a transparency, so you can resize the airplane within the image box and have a larger transparent area around it, which will achive your stated goal. Save the image and then push it back to the EFIS from the
    SET --> MORE --> CAL (hold2s) --> Admin Settings --> Transfer Files --> Aircraft Image --> REST page.

Brilliant Jonathan. Thank you!

I have another query on nuisance "Traffic" audio warnings. I'll start a separate thread on that.

Andrew.