Thread: Baro altitude not getting sent from AFS to Avidyne IFD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Baro altitude not getting sent from AFS to Avidyne IFD

Hello,

I bought my RV-10 about 18 months ago with 2xAF-5600 and an Avidyne IFD540 Navigator. I had noticed that I have to manually sequence missed approaches which have an altitude restriction and recently figured out (from an IFD forum) that the reason is that my IFD is not getting a baro altitude and I am trying to figure out what I need to do to fix it.

It looks like the IFD can consume the baro altitude via ARINC (label 204) but I saw something in the AFS forum that indicates that the AFS unit does not transmit baro altitude via ARINC. That article was pretty old so I am trying to figure out if that is correct.

My plane apparently has the original AFS ARINC adapter. Will replacing it with the new SV-ARINC-429 adapter solve the issue? I have attached photos of the admin config pages from my PFD and MFD.

I had met Ken from AFS at OSH last year and when I mentioned to him that I wasn't seeing holds on my AFS unit, he said that the SV-ARINC-429 would solve that problem. I would like to upgrade to the new ARINC adapter especially if the baro altitude issue will also get resolved.

From a mechanics perspective, what do I need to do/be aware of to replace the old ARINC adapter with the new SV-ARINC-429?

Thanks,

Vas
    Attached Images Attached Images