Thread: EFIS 5500T checklist

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

EFIS 5500T checklist

Have exchanged a couple e-mails with Jonathan about the use of checklists in the EFIS. I understand how to program the checklist contents and they appear correct and in the right order.

What I haven't figured out is how to manually assign the EMER, ESTART and B4-TO buttons along the bottom of the EFIS. Jonathan told me that these are hard coded to page 6, page 1 and page 3 of the checklists respectively. My ESTART button is correct and brings up page 1, the BEFORE STARTING ENGINE checklist. The B4-TO button brings up page 3 but that is actually my second engine start page and the EMER button brings up page 6 but that is actually my AFTER ENGINE START page.

I would like to assign the B4-TO button to MY page 6 and the EMER button to MY page 15 where these checklists are actually located. I created an after start checklist, a cruise checklist and a descent checklist as well and these don’t work into the way AFS sets up the default logic. I don’t think I can do that currently but every airplane is different and having a purge valve for instance requires a hot start procedure and I would like to customize my checklist and have it do what I want it to do in the sequence I want, not the default assignments.

Is it possible to request this ability on the next software update so I can assign MY page numbers to these checklist buttons? Would this also affect the following defaults?

- At 0 RPM, the first page displayed will be the Before Starting Engine checklist (page 1 AFS default)
    - Between 1 and 1250 RPM you will first see the Before Takeoff checklist (page 3 AFS default)
    - Above 1250 RPM you will first see the Emergency checklist (page 6 AFS default)
    Last edited by Oly148; 03-24-2024 at 08:18 AM.