Thread: SV-EMS-220 with 5400 ... plug and play RPM sensing?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SV-EMS-220 with 5400 ... plug and play RPM sensing?

I'm installing a 5400, replacing my old 4500. I have dual P-mags. On the SV-EMS-220, the install manual indicates that RPM sensing is on pin 32, but suggests that with dual P-mags the 37 pin connector has to be re-pinned to put RPM sensing on pin 33. That's a change from the 4500? or does my RPM sensing work the same on my new 5400 as it did on my old 4500?

IOW...should I expect to re-pin the 37 pin connector and move the pin in 32 to 33? Are there other pins that I need to move. I'm already aware of the ARINC connection.

Other questions about this installation...

To expand on the "plug and play" question...do I need to tinker with other aspects of the EFIS or Network Expansion Harness? Kavlico sensors were installed to replace the VDO's a few years ago..do I need resistors somewhere?

At one point, Jonathon had said to me for this install..."The EFIS expansion harness will need to be repinned from the existing DB9 to a DB15." I don't now what that means. My SV-Network Expansion Harness 53625 has a DB-15 on one end that plugs into the 5400. The other end is a DB-9, as it has to be in order to plug into to the (DB9) network hub. What am I supposed to repin? What connector do I change?
    Last edited by MacCool; 01-24-2021 at 10:30 AM.