Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wind Indicator not displayed

We have not been able to duplicate the problem, please test the following:

1. Turn on the Altitude and Airspeed bugs

2. Try setting the Baro units to In-Hg as a test
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

I have the exact same problem. It also cropped up immediately after I replaced the clock battery. Everything else displays correctly (AS, TAS, ALT, OAT, TRK, SPD, CRS), so I believe everything is configured properly (communications with my GNS430W, etc). The wind "display" is present, but, as shown above, the values are all "-" (no numbers).

I forgot to mention in my reply yesterday that this problem occurred with the altitude and airspeed bugs turned on, and the baro units set to in-Hg.

What version of software are you running?

Have you tried doing a Set NVRAM Defaults from the Calibration ADMIN menu?
    Rob Hickman

I believe I'm running the latest software available for the "old-CPU 3500," but I don't know the version; I'll check when I get out to my hangar Friday or Saturday. No, I have not tried doing a Set NVRAM Defaults (should that be an obvious thing to try?); I'll try that my next opportunity.

Call me from the plane.
    Rob Hickman

Hi
    Ok so test flew it the other day turned on bugs as you recommend and change baro to in-hg, nothing changed still no wind info OR direction arrow.
    Confirm latest software.
    will try the setting you recommended " NVRAM Defaults from the Calibration ADMIN menu?"

Cheers

With Rob's help, I tried a "Set NVRAM Defaults" yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to fly since then (and the weather today isn't great again). I'll report whether or not this helped at my earliest opportunity (which might be a week or so).

I finally had a chance to fly again, and to my delight the wind display is working again. The "Set NVRAM Defaults" operation did the trick.

I have almost the same problem except that mine are intermittent even in straight and level cruise. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't. Fresh battery. Should I Set the NVRAM Defaults or will that mess up previous programming?