Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geo-Referenced Charts and Airport Diagrams

Geo-Referenced Charts and Airport Diagrams

Hi,

It's great that there are GeoRef Charts and Airport Diagrams available for AFS in both the US and Australia/New Zeeland, but what about Europe ? Is there anything available at all ?

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Not yet, Seattle Avionics was looking into supplying European data.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Shawn, this is the answer I got from Seattle Avionics:

"We provide European aeronautical data to many avionics manufacturers. Its up to the manufacturer to choose which regions are supported. Please fell free to share your thought with AFS."

I guess this is a B2B discussion to be had between AFS and SA on this topic if they are able to provide European aeronautical data.

It would really take AFS to a higher level if we had VFR mapping, airport diagrams, IFR plates etc which is already available for US customers.

I'm not sure how to diplomatically reply to this. The AF-5000 displays use data provided by the Seattle Avionics Data Manager. If the Data Manager supplied data for the EU then you would be able to load it. Just the same as Australia is provided by avplan-efb.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems

thanks Shawn... Still think it's a B2B discussion, but I will reach out to the Seattle Avionics and ask them what can be done... As said it would make the AFS EFIS brilliant for European customers.

Decent need to accomplish something like this with mine

We are close to releasing a new software release that makes the AF-5000 EFIS work with all the same chart data that the Dynon Skyview can use for Europe.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hickman View Post
    We are close to releasing a new software release that makes the AF-5000 EFIS work with all the same chart data that the Dynon Skyview can use for Europe.
    Hi! I was wondering if there are ay news on the topic. I am based in Poland and would love to be able to use the VFR features as your US customers. Thanks!

V16 was released on the website. This allows you to use the PocketFMS Scanned Charts.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems

I can confirm that pocket FMS sectionals are downloadable from PocketFMS and work well. You retrieve the charts from the Dynon Portal. The PocketFMS desktop app is being kept alive exclusively for AFS customers as that is where you update your Obstacle and Aerodata every 28 days.

According to Shawn, the PocketFMS approach plates, Taxi charts and Visual Traffic Patterns should be working soon. I’m hoping that in the long term that the AFS Format will be compatible with what all other customers are using and that we’ll be able to do the Obstacle and Aerodata update from within their EasyVFR app like it works on Dynon.