Thread: Track up

Track up

Has anyone found a way to program the Seattle Avionics sectional to track up? I use track up on the AFS GPS but the sectional will only track north up. 5500SV TS. Thanks, Larry

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    ​​We don't have a track up capabilities within the EFIS software at this time. Nothing to do with the data itself just the hardware needs to be optimized to load that data then spin it.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    ​​We don't have a track up capabilities within the EFIS software at this time. Nothing to do with the data itself just the hardware needs to be optimized to load that data then spin it.
    Does Rob have a roadmap on when that may occur?
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    It really hasn't been that requested of a feature. So I don't think it's on the roadmap at all.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    It really hasn't been that requested of a feature. So I don't think it's on the roadmap at all.
    Since I have a 4500, I can't view charts at all. But when I fly in several friends' aircraft that use Seattle Avionics charts with both Dynon and AFS screens, I can't fly with the charts in north up orientation. I have to turn them off it bugs me so much. I prefer track up. To me, track up is more intuitive.

This is the one feature in which Garmin truly has a step up on both AFS and Dynon. Having vector based graphics that can rotate with the track is much more versatile that the current raster based maps.

So add another tick to the request list.

bob
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler