Thread: Self as traffic

Self as traffic

Since the software upgrade to my 5600 it now shows as a yellow dot with my call sign over the airplane "picture" on the approach plate and sectional/ IFR chart. (It does not show on the map.) Is there a way to turn this off? It makes seeing chart details difficult. (I have the Navworx ADS-B.) Thanks!

I have a GTX327 and the NavWorx. I had to install an additional line from the transponder back to the Navworx unit to get this "ghost" to disappear. Navworx is creating the data for the EFIS to display. Depending on what transponder you may have, the solution may be different. In the Navworx doc, look for the suppression input to Navworx for your transponder.
    Bob Leffler
    N410BL - RV10 - Flying
    http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

Make sure your NavWorx box is set to the correct N number. I was surprised to find out from the FAA that I was transmitting an N number belonging to an FAA helicopter Not sure how exactly that happened but I wasn't the only one doing that at the time.
    Then, even if you don't use the AFS transponder go to the transponder settings and put your N number there, so it knows which traffic to filter. That should take care of the ghosting.

Lenny

The fix turned out to be quite simple (and something I should have figured out). Since I'm not using the AFS transponder I didn't think I needed anything under the transponder admin settings. Turns out you need to enter your ICAO address and N number so the 5600 knows to ignore our own ADS-B as traffic. Thank you Rob for your excellent product and support.