Thread: Seattle Avionics

Seattle Avionics

Not flying seriously yet with my new AF5600 and am confused about the map data I am supposed to have access to. Is there somewhere that explains the basics of what updates (and what frequency) come from AFS and what has to be accessed through other sources (such as Seattle)?

Thanks!

Lee...

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    I think you are looking for this:
    http://advanced-flight-systems.com/S...port.html#data
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Shawn: Thanks for checking in. I guess the part I don't understand is that the flash drive that came with my AF5600 that I ordered from SteinAir seems to have everything I need already in it and there is an AFS support download system for monthly updates. Where does Seattle Avionics come in, in all of this? Are there updates from them and am I benefiting from a grace period on updates right now with some kind of time limit for subscribing with Seattle or does Seattle provide alternative/better data than that which is provided on the AFS website?

Thanks,

Lee...
    Last edited by Lee Logan; 03-29-2017 at 05:27 AM.

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Every 28 days or AIRAC cycle new data is published. This includes our standard map data and data for the Seattle Avionics Data Manager. Sometimes you will get a popup alert from the Data Manager that says there is new data available midcycle. This is normally for corrections to the current data.

It's not necessary to need to update the Seattle Avionics Data but for the cost its one of the cheaper subscriptions available.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Thanks, I appreciate the explanation.