Thread: ADAHRS stability

ADAHRS stability

HI, I was flying in clouds the other day and got caught in moderate turbulence. My attitude indicator (5600) became so jittery it was impossible to figure out which way was up/down. Luckily I got out pretty fast, no harm done, but I was left with some doubt about my ability to fly in those conditions again.
    Has anyone else had the same experience with this? I have 2 AHARS, brand new, fixed in the tail on a bolted platform with rubber linked to a 5600 and 5500, OS5
    Is there a setting on sensitivity?
    I appreciate your comments, thanks

With one of the more recent software versions, there is a way to dampen the jitteryness of the attitude indicator. I had the same problem and called Rob at AFS and he walked me through it. It was pretty easy to do, and it solved the problem. Unfortunately, I can't tell you the specifics because it was a couple months ago. I'd give him a call.

Quote Originally Posted by boneflier View Post
    With one of the more recent software versions, there is a way to dampen the jitteryness of the attitude indicator. I had the same problem and called Rob at AFS and he walked me through it. It was pretty easy to do, and it solved the problem. Unfortunately, I can't tell you the specifics because it was a couple months ago. I'd give him a call.
    thanks a lot, I certainly will.