Thread: Comm Frequencies x'ed out

Comm Frequencies x'ed out

My third screen 5600T is showing comm frequencies x'd out although when I touch the box I can change freq, toggle, go to nav and everything operates. Strange that Nav freq will show in window if I leave it on Nav. But switching back to comm freq displays X. I have done some troubleshooting:

Screen set to 177, looks at afs comm screen( tried both)
    Afs comm is set to on, and correct with ser no (identical to other screens)
    Reloaded current software
    Network cable good
    All other windows populate data

So what causes that window to X out even though it displays nav data and processes comm data?
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Are your Advanced SV Network pages showing any red?
    Do you see the SV-COM on the Advanced SV Network page?
    Do you have the Remote Source of Admin Settings set to the PFD (175)?
    Was the PFD (175) the last screen to SCAN the Advanced SV Network?
    Do you have any COM devices configured in the third screen serial port list? (GTR/GNC/SL30/40/VAL/ATS COM)
    What NAV radio type do you have selected on the third screen?
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

I checked all SV network screens, all are in the green both channels and device ready. All screens have same SV info. SV-COM shows on all screens. All screens look back to 175 as backup, I did have pfd looking to 176 but changed that. Tried rescanning all screens to no avail. Tried updating all screens also. My third screen has no device serial ports connected, all are disabled. I have VAL 2K selected as NAV. Anything else I can check?
    Dave Ford
    RV10

After all the troubleshooting we've done I found something that worked. Switching cables, different settings, even deleting and reloading the Dynon file didn't do anything, but loading a different radio, saving that, then reloading the AF-SV COMM did it, now the screen will communicate again with comm radio. Don't know how the glitch happened but I thought we wore out any other possible fix. Thanks, Shawn for time on the phone to help getting to the resolution.
    Dave Ford
    RV10

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Awesome, glad something worked. I'll add this to the software teams bug so they can find out what got mixed up.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com