Thread: Adding autopilot panel to existing 5600T setup

Largo, FL, Based at Clearwater Airpark KCLW

Adding autopilot panel to existing 5600T setup

I have the 5600T connecting with the Trutrak Vizion 385/G650. Everything works great, but I would like to add the autopilot control panel to eliminate going to the screen to control the AP. I have a 5-port hub, with a couple of empty slots. Question, would the control panel addition be a "plug and play" with the correct harness from the control panel to the hub?

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Yes, you should be able to plug into your SV-HUB with a "white" cable to the SV-AP-PANEL. The only thing that you would gain is the auto trim build into the device. That would require Dynon servos to utilize.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Shawn, thanks very much ----I have manual trim, so not a problem. I am going to place the order for the panel and cable --- I have already started "rearranging" my new panel to make room for the horizontal panel.

Ron

Installed panel, used the harness to plug into my 5-port hub, configured the EFIS to recognize the panel on the net ---- everything working as advertised. Only suggestion --- AP status is annunciated at the top-center of the EFIS display --- but the status is abbreviated wording such that it is a little difficult to determine what is "armed" and what is "active" ---- but I am sure I will eventually get it figured out.---I do think the panel is a nice addition.

Ron