Thread: AF-5800 Approach plate scrolling?

AF-5800 Approach plate scrolling?

I got my RV10 outfitted with AF-5800 (touch) screen with no knobs.

Got a couple of (newbie-ish) usability questions:

How can I scroll the approach plate when it is at a desired zoom level? I can scroll it with a knob on a 5600 screen but sliding my finger (the intuitive way) does not work on 5800.

Is there a way to turn off the top-of-screen information (Time, OAT, Waypoint) from the 5800?

Thanks!

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    You can enter touch pan mode on any top down view by touching the airplane icon.

The top-of-screen bar is always fixed in that location.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Two more questions:

- If I bring up an airport diagram for a different airport, the yellow airplane is not there. I discovered I can scroll with a joystick on PFD, but is there a touch option or gesture to do that?

- How can I preview a set of approach plates for an airport? When I touch the airport, I am getting an option for the taxi diagram but no approach plates? The data is loaded and current I believe (I have a lifetime sub with Seattle Avionics).

Thanks!

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    I think there is a backlog item to add a pan button onto the pages that you are currently not located on.

The [Pg] button lets you switch through all the different pages of the [AP PLT] data. You may be on [AIRPORT] as well which is airport diagrams.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com