Thread: 4500sEE, ARINC, GNS430 (non-waas), GTX327, AFS Pilot wiring/configuration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Slobovia Outernational (MS71), 10 N of Jackson MS
    Excellent! I'll start the search for a serial out GPS puck I can use to feed the EFIS on serial #2, NMEA/ICARUS 9600 baud.

I'm going to show some more of my non-IFR-rated ignorance.

Some time back, I got the impression that with the 2nd, faster-update-rate GPS available to the EFIS, the display (especially pitch/roll info) would update faster and smoother. Assuming I got that right, does this actually get me anything when the 430 is legally required (IFR) to be doing the navigating? If so, is there any special trick to having the 430's old slow gps driving nav/approach, and the faster GPS helping the screen show me what I'm actually doing? Or is this simply a 'GNAV or GPS2; pick one' situation?

Again, pardon my Very Foolish Retarded questions.

Charlie

Only the AF-5000 has the ability to use the Dynon GPS-250 to drive the synthetic vision while following a GPS Navigator. The Pitch, Roll and Heading comes from the AHRS and has nothing to do with the GPS.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Slobovia Outernational (MS71), 10 N of Jackson MS
    Thanks Rob; I'm beginning to get a clearer idea of how it all works together.

Charlie