Thread: Ethernet lost between units

Ethernet lost between units

Hi guys,
    I have dual 5600s, non touch screens, and have lost communication between them

PFD set as single ahars, MFD with engine board. The PFD suddenly stopped receiving engine monitoring, and the MFD lost AHRS info.

Sudden loss of communication- worked fine for two years, then lost during flight. Changed Ethernet cord, didn’t help. Other failure modes I’m not thinking about? No changes to IP addresses

Thanks!
    Phil
    Last edited by Phillip; 01-24-2021 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Original post truncated

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    My gut is saying that your ethernet jack might have a cracked pin. Try applying some finger pressure to the connector on one EFIS then the other and see if the data comes back when physically pressing on either the USB ports or Ethernet. Then if that "fixes" the connection give us a call for an RMA for that unit.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Thanks Shawn!

Did the above, also Jonathan replied on the advanced/dynon tech support- he suggested hooking both cables into a hub and observing light pattern. I sent him the information below. Don’t want to take up both your time, so happy to keep up the dialogue with either of you- appreciate the good service!

When I plug the Ethernet cables into a hub, both LEDs light up:

The port connected to the MFD flashes very rapidly, without a break in the blinking

The port connected to the PFD blinks rapidly for 2 seconds, then goes dark for 2-3 seconds, then blinks rapidly again for 2 seconds, etc.

Does that tell us anything?

Still no communication between the units, and I wiggled/pressed the cords at the unit insertion with no joy.

Thanks!

Phil

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    The port connected to the PFD blinks rapidly for 2 seconds, then goes dark for 2-3 seconds, then blinks rapidly again for 2 seconds, etc.
    Sounds like the PFD needs to be sent back.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com