Thread: AFS 5600 Original Display with SV-ADSB-472 and Garmin 430W

AFS 5600 Original Display with SV-ADSB-472 and Garmin 430W

I am running the latest software (X12.08.10-MV16) but when I go into "Configure Aircraft Info" I only see the "Aircraft Type" and "Engine Type" plus "Cool Temp Usage" options to select and there is no "Tail Number" or "Mode S Code" to select ?

Also I can see Traffic (No Radar shows as I am outside the USA) but I see the ADSB traffic on the weather display but as soon as I turn the Garmin 430W on I lose ADSB traffic and the ADSB Data Counter stops going up.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Many thanks

Lufty

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    The OS:1 displays Tail and Mode S Code can be accessed from the Transponder setup page.

It seems like the 430W is miss-wired and stomping on the ADS-B serial port. Do you have a wiring diagram?
    Also, I want to verify are you seeing "TRAFFIC TIS: --" or "TRAFFIC ADSB: --" before and after the 430W is powered on?
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Hi Shawn

I have entered the Aircraft Hex Code and Tail Code.

Do I need to enable the Transponder in the 5600 even though the transponder is an external Garmin GTX330 ES ?

Also how do I filter out my own aircraft ?

I am based in the UK so TIS is giving a nil return but I am seeing ADSB traffic.

It looks like at some point the Garmin GNS430W was changed to ARINC 429 instead of GAMA 429 (maybe after the recent software update I did on the Garmin GNS430W).

Changing this back to GAMA 429 might have fixed the GNS430W stopping ADSB messages updating but I will give it a test tomorrow to see what happens.

Many thanks

Lufty

Advanced Flight Systems Shawn McGinnis's Avatar
    Entering your hex code will filter out your own traffic. There is still a short period when you are first targeted by a ground station as your normally not identified immediately.
    Let me know if the ARINC/GAMA doesn't fix the issue.
    Shawn McGinnis

Advanced Flight Systems
    support@advanced-flight-systems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn McGinnis View Post
    Entering your hex code will filter out your own traffic. There is still a short period when you are first targeted by a ground station as your normally not identified immediately.
    Let me know if the ARINC/GAMA doesn't fix the issue.
    Thanks Shawn everything worked well with my traffic not showing and also the ARINC/GAMA change on the Garmin 430W fixed the issue with ADSB messages stopping when the Garmin 430W was on.

All the best

Lufty