Thread: Ray Allen POS-12 sensor and AFS 5600 display

Ray Allen POS-12 sensor and AFS 5600 display

I am having an issue with my Ray Allen POS-12 sensor in my new build RV-14 with ACM and 5600 series PFD. The 5600 display shows nothing, then rapidly shows full down in the last two seconds.

I tested the POS-12 sensor at the connector. It smoothly provides 0-to 5000 ohm signal throughout the full range of motion, up and down over numerous tests, however the 5600 screen indication shows nothing, then rapidly shows an indication the last 2 seconds to full down.

I have reset the values numerous times, but with no change in the display. The AD_ Values are erratic/ nonexistent through most of the travel range, until the end.

Am I supposed to adjust the sensitivity in the ACM?

I will commence spark chasing from the connector to the ACM next.

Jeffrey Turner

Jeffrey,

Sounds like a bad wire connection, air is an excellent resistor after all. I'd start with the C417J/P connector at the position sensor, those molex micro-fit pins are tiny, and finicky on their best days.

Johnathon,

You are spot on, my friend. The POS-12 blue signal wire at the C417J/P connector had a very poor connection with the micro-molex pin, and had a few stray wire strands. I have replacement pins on order, but am considering using electrical disconnects instead.