Thread: AFS 5600 not automatically shutting down after turning off the master

AFS 5600 not automatically shutting down after turning off the master

OK, this one has me baffled. I have dual AFS 5600's. When I turn off power (shut off the master), the pilot side automatically goes into the "Press any button to continue" menu and shuts down automatically. The pilot side works perfectly in this regard. The co-pilot side, does this too; sometimes... Sometimes it shuts down automatically, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't waited five minutes to see if the system shuts down due to a zero reading of RPM and airspeed. However, I'd rather it automatically shuts down like it's supposed to do. I don't want this thing to kill my backup battery. The thing that has me baffled is it works sometimes. I've had it happen after a long flight, or if I've just been trying it out on the ground. I haven't touched the screen or any buttons on either unit. Any thoughts???

Thanks!!

Jeff

Do you have internal AFS airdata computer or SkyView ADAHRS? What EFIS software version are your screens running?

Please email system logs from the MFD screen to support@advanced-flight-systems.com, thanks.

Hi Jonathon,
    It's been shutting down correctly the last few times I've used it. Sometimes it shuts down properly, some times it doesn't. I have AFS primary and secondary ADAHRS and I'm running Vx16.09.15-TOUCH-MV16 (05/27/2022). The next time it doesn't shut down properly, I'll download the log from the MFD and send it to you. Thanks!

Jeff