Thread: Fuel Tank Calibration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fuel Tank Calibration

Have a single 4500. When I turn it on without anything connected to back (no sensor input) the tank 1 AD_VALUE is 27 and tank 2 is 3668. When I connect the sensor wiring to the back of the 4500, tank 1 is 26 and tank 2 is 250. Just got done trying to calibrate tank 1 by first draining all of the gas and then filling it up 5 gallons at a time AD_VALUE was always around 27. The analog gas gauge was always accurate. I have not hooked up a ohm meter to the sender wire yet but it seams strange that the AD_VALUE never really changes much for tank 1.

Thanks for your time.
    Mike

Mike,

You cannot use both an analog fuel gauge and the EFIS to monitor fuel levels. With that configuration you are feeding 12V directly into our system which will destroy components on the engine board. Please disconnect that immediately and use either the analog gauge or the EFIS to monitor fuel quantity.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems
    Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com

Trevor

I never had both the analog gauges hooked up at the same time with the EFIS. I was just trying to say that everything was working fine before the installation of the EFIS.

Thanks
    Mike

Hi Mike,

That is good to hear. What does tank 2 indicate after you add some fuel? Does the value deviate from 3668?
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems

Tank 2 is not yet calibrated but it seams to more or less work correctly. When fling on tank two the icon on the screen for the tank goes from full to empty as the full is consumed. The value for tank one never changes always reads full. Just had the unit pulled out of the plane for an IFR check. With it running on it's internal batter tank one reads full and tank two reads empty. One would think that with no inputs hooked up to the EFIS both fuel gauge icons should read the same.

Try putting a multimeter on the Tank 1 and 2 pins on the back of the EFIS and see what voltage there is. It should be about 4.9Volts DC.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems

Tank 1 .03 volts
    Tank 2 3.66 volts

Definitely a problem. Somehow your tank wire must have either touched ground or 12 volts. If that is done, it will blow a protection diode on the engine board. We would need the unit back to replace that protection diode.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems