Thread: Magnetometer failure

Cool Magnetometer failure

This message apeers with a red X and I don´t know how to fix it. The HSI didn´t show right headding. I already tried to calirate magnometer, but says to cycle power and I hit the edge. Anyone can help me. Thank´s.

Please check your wiring. It sounds like one of the 4 wires is either shorted to ground or incorrectly pinned.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems
    Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com

We already did that and again it doesn´t work, we are thinking about the remote compass or the efis itself. The builder of my RV10 is Flyer in Brazil. It´s really frustating how it works bad. We also detected a magnetic field that´s afecting garmin 495 and the PCAS zaon, so they stop to work right. The wiring connections are checked and they are correct. and sometimes the RPM start to variate from 2300 to 3000, but the engine doesn´t show any change. We are very upset. Could you help me more? Thank´s anyway.

When you turn on the EFIS do you always have a red X on the screen and does it say Magnetometer Failure? Is that 100% of the time? Do you have a second magnetometer in your installation or access to another one to test with? Can you check the power wire from the EFIS (Pin 12 on the Main Cable) to verify there is 13V?
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems
    Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com