Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ADS-B Weather??

ADS-B Weather??

Hi Rob,

I'm getting a 4500 installed as I type (just waiting on the display right now). I'd eventually like to hook up the Navworx ADS600-B, but I've been holding off until you guys get the weather display figured out. The last thing that you mentioned on the old forum was a Spring time frame. Any updates on that?

Also, I understand that the traffic info from Navworks displays just fine. Did I get that right?

Later!!

Andy

We are working on completing the weather interface for the NavWorx ADS-B box. With other software updates and improvements taking priority, it will probably be more like late summer before ADS-B weather is working. From what we understand, it won't be until Fall when the whole country has ADS-B coverage.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems
    Support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Conroy View Post
    We are working on completing the weather interface for the NavWorx ADS-B box. With other software updates and improvements taking priority, it will probably be more like late summer before ADS-B weather is working. From what we understand, it won't be until Fall when the whole country has ADS-B coverage.
    Thanks for the reply Trevor, and sorry it took so long to get back. I was traveling to work (takes two days!!) and I let the thought slip for a few days.

It would be nice if the whole country had ADS-B by the fall, but I suspect that it'll be a few years beyond that. I look forward to seeing the final product!

Oh, and I found out that my display shipped last week. Hopefully the shop has it by now and it's getting install.

Quote Originally Posted by anymouse View Post
    Hi Rob,
    Also, I understand that the traffic info from Navworks displays just fine. Did I get that right?
    Andy
    Does the display provide any warning if there is traffic converging? Or are you relying on the pilot noticing (scanning) the display periodically? I've never seen how traffic is actually presented or annunciated - aural warnings???

I am also planning a Navworx installation and waiting for the weather to be integrated!
    Highest Regards,

Noah F
    RV-7A
    Rhode Island

At this time we do not provide any audible traffic annunciation
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems

Any updates on this?

1. Assuming a serial input from the Navworx unit to the efis is used, what setting should be used on the EFIS setup page? Addition of this wiring to the AFS schematic pages would be nice to show that it has been implemented.
    2. Is traffic currently working?
    3. Still planning on weather by late summer?

This is last bit of wiring I have to set up and it would sure help me feel "warmer and fuzzier" about buying the Navworx system (which has been purchased and installed) rather than a GTX330.

Thanks,
    Tom Hanaway
    RV-10
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Last edited by tomhanaway; 07-25-2010 at 08:30 AM.

Hi Tom. The weather feature has not yet been added so we don't have a serial function setup yet for WX. Based on what has been said recently from AOPA, who knows when the FAA is going to get ADS-B figured out. At this point, I really don't know when it will happen.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems

Trevor,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I understand that weather may still be up in the air but Navworx does currently supply traffic. Can you confirm that the AFS units dsplay traffic from Navworx ads-b units. If so, I assume the screen input configuration for a serial port is the same as for the GTX 330?

Thanks,
    Tom Hanaway
    Last edited by tomhanaway; 07-26-2010 at 04:53 AM.

Hi Tom,

The traffic from the NAVWORX box does indeed work at this time. Setup your serial port for Garmin Traffic format and it will work.
    ---
    Trevor Conroy
    Technical Support
    Advanced Flight Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Conroy View Post
    Hi Tom. The weather feature has not yet been added so we don't have a serial function setup yet for WX. Based on what has been said recently from AOPA, who knows when the FAA is going to get ADS-B figured out. At this point, I really don't know when it will happen.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by "when the FAA is going to get ADS-B figured out". Based on the info at their contractor's website (http://www.itt.com/ADS-B/budget.html) ADS-B should be available across a pretty good portion of the country in a couple of months:

"In September 2010, ITT will complete deployment of broadcast and surveillance services and deployment of surveillance services for 19 en route service volumes (Jacksonville, Boston, Juneau, South Alaska, Anchorage-Fairbanks, McGrath, Yukon, Nome, Kotzebue-Northern Alaska, Albuquerque, Seattle, Cleveland, New York, Atlanta, Washington, Los Angeles, Chicago, Oakland and Minneapolis)."

I think there's going to be a lot of people looking for the weather from the Navworx box - me included. If you're not planning on working on it for some time I need to find another solution.