Thread: dumping engine data

dumping engine data

I have had the AF-2500 in my RV for over 5 years. I would like to dump the data from the engine monitor to my laptop, but the cable supplied has a 9 pin D-sub connector. There is no place to plug it into on my computer. Is there a cable with a USB end or an adapter of some sort?

Patrick Halama

You need a rs-232 to USB adaptor, this gets complicated with new computers. Good luck, this is why all new units have a SD card.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Rob,

I picked up the adapter and installed the software that came with it, but nothing comes up on the PC screen when I hook it up to the 2500. The laptop is not new and is running Windows XP. The computer is about the same vintage as the AF-2500. What am I doing wrong?

Patrick Halama

OK, finally got the software for the 2500 to come up. The anti-virus was blocking it. Now I can download the engine data text, but it won't save it. The file is where I put it, but when I open it or try to graph it the file name is there but no data, its gone. Is anyone out there dumping their engine data and saving it, if so how are you doing it?

Patrick

Select save first and then send it from the engine monitor.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Thanks Rob, that was the key.

Patrick