Thread: G530W/5600/TruTrak Gemini combo

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

G530W/5600/TruTrak Gemini combo

Any chance there is a schematic out there that ensures proper functionality of this combination? I have the ARINC box and of course the RS232 sources available (whether they are hooked up correctly or not, is another matter). The 5600 will accept a flight plan including an approach from the 530W and with some "random" [!] button pushing, will display it on the 5600 map page. The Gemini will not fly the flight plan however, as far as I can tell either through the 5600 AP controller or through being engaged by it's on controller on its face. My harnesses came from Stein's but I'm guessing that my not understanding 'what was supposed to do what' in this system (I have no glass experience) insured that I didn't tell them the correct functionality and hook-ups that I should have or wanted.

Will the Gemini in fact work properly in this arrangement and if so, how? Do I control it exclusively through the 5600's internal AP controller or does it's own control system need to be involved somehow? If I create a simple internal 5600 flight plan, direct to any fix and engage the Gemini using its own controller, it works well and the steering and vertical accuracies are normal. I don't know how to create a complex internal 5600 flight plan and assume that any such are only supposed to be transferred into the 5600 from an outside GPS navigator such as my 530W. If there is a way to do that purely internally, I haven't found it in any of the documents I've been able to find nor on any of the Youtube tutorials I've been able to find.

Regardless, my real question is whether or not the combination of my 530, the 5600, and my Gemini autopilot (which I like for its small size and backup EFIS features) can be made to provide the full functionality promised by the superb AFS 5600 EFIS system? Right now whole suite is pretty much just a glorified synthetic 6-pack with a moving map.

Any guidance to a suitable manual (the "factory" manual doesn't cover this), set of schematics, and of an avionics service provider who can sort all this out for me, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lee...
    Last edited by Lee Logan; 10-06-2017 at 06:19 PM.