Thread: Not seeing weather depiction on 5600T

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Local weather is on a 5 minute update rate and Conus is 15 minutes. The update rate on any device connected to the uavionics should be the same, are you sure you have the baud rate set to 115K?
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Largo, FL, Based at Clearwater Airpark KCLW
    Rob ---- yessir -- I am on Serial Port 1, ADSB 115K ---- weather on the AFS does not display until CONUS is established, but on the portables (WiFi from uAvionix) comes up much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronsim View Post
    Rob ---- yessir -- I am on Serial Port 1, ADSB 115K ---- weather on the AFS does not display until CONUS is established, but on the portables (WiFi from uAvionix) comes up much quicker.
    1. are you positive you are running efis software version: Vx15.01.19

2. What AP are you running on the iPad and are you sure it is not getting weather from a internet connection before you take off?

3. You said "weather on the AFS does not display until CONUS is established" it should be displaying the local nexrad (<250 miles) weather in the first 5 minutes

We would like to see screen captures of the ipad and EFIS and the system logs with serial port log data from your next flight.
    Rob Hickman
    Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

Rob -- nope, I have 15.01.18-----will look for .19 and get back to you

Rob ---- I, and my -7A buddy, installed -.19 --- flew this morning, lots of weather --- unit worked fine - took about 5 minutes to start painting the weather, but was steady and accurate. My buddy tried a couple of days ago and his was working.

Thanks much for the help!

Ron